Tuesday 31 May 2016

Sketchbook Mini

Popular Patchwork are currently running a mini quilt competition.

You design and make a 10.5" x 15" mini quilt based around your favourite colour, send it to PP and they will display the entries at their Festival of Quilts stand in August.

Liz (editor) has asked some of the magazine's regular contributors to make a Sketchbook Mini to inspire others to enter.

So here is mine:

Popular Patchwork Sketchbook Mini (Log Cabin Love)

This mini quilt tells the story of 3 of my favourites in quilting:

Purple! My favourite colour, perhaps something to do with growing up in a 1970's purple bedroom!!

Scraps! I love working with scraps, and yes I keep even 1.5" wide pieces!

Log Cabins! The first patchwork block I ever made and I fell in love. This is a log cabin heart, but there are so many wonderful variations to the humble log cabin block (see my pinterest board here).

Log Cabin Love (Popular Patchwork June16)

There are some amazing prizes to be won (check them out here) and the closing date is 11th July.

So, what's your favourite colour?

Jude xo

7 comments:

  1. My favourite colour since being very young is aqua, because it is such a happy colour. My first block ever was a dresden plate, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Purple's my favourite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! My favourite colour is aqua/turquoise/bluey-green - anything in that spectrum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog that's both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. Your blog is important; the issue is something that not enough people are talking intelligently about. Kumpulan Bokep Jilbabers Layani Nafsu Pacar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo