Thursday 12 March 2015

'B' is for Baby Boy!

I was commissioned by a good friend to make a cushion for a baby boy.  The criteria were the colours orange, aqua, navy, doggies and the name HARRY.

Commission cushion baby boy

I had just enough of some Riley Blake doggies on aqua, and it went from there!

Commission cushion baby boy

This is a 16" finished cushion, quilted in a 2" cross hatch, with a simple envelope back!

Commission cushion baby boy

Fingers crossed this cushion fulfills the remit.

Commission cushion baby boy

Other sewing today was this baby boy quilt top for Bee Blessed.

Bee Blessed orphan quilt 5

I received 4 x 16.5" orphan blocks from Alison and set to trimming, piecing and adding borders to bring this subtle top to 42" x 50". I love the soft colours in this wee baby quilt, and am looking forward to seeing it quilted up (eventually!).

I've also been beavering away today on some scrappy strip blocks, but I'm hoping to get a few more made before I show them to you.

Happy Thursday!

Jude xo

4 comments:

  1. Our baby quilt top pile is certainly growing! Love that cute little boy cushion, I am sure it will be very happily received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the baby boy cushion is so bright and cheery, lucky Harry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great gift. I am always amazed at what others have it heir stash, you even had doggie fabric in the right colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cushion is fabulous and the orphan blocks look wonderful in that baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo