Thursday 29 January 2015

Snow in a Day!

Yes we had a snow day today! Just a light dusting here in the city!

Snow!

Rural areas got much more and some schools were closed as a result!

But yippee it's practically all gone now here in Belfast!  This is one of those days when I'm thankful to live in the city!

Thursdays have been shaping up to be productive sewing days for me lately!

I got my 2nd (Judy Newman) Dilly Bag completed:

Dilly Bag in Joel Dewberry

lovely friend generously gave me a bag of her scraps, and in it was a luscious selection of these bright Joel Dewberry (Notting Hill) prints.

Dilly Bag in Joel Dewberry

I started this project over the Christmas holidays, a little bit of EPP to keep my hands busy while watching all those Christmas movies!

Like the first one I made, I quilted the outer bag but this time I added a little bit of piping at the base and some larger pieces from my stash for the top & lining.

Bongo drum anyone!!

If you are interested in making a Dilly Bag for yourself, you can find the pattern here.

I also got another EPP project moved on a stage & started a new paper/foundation piecing project too (dangerous to leave me to my own devices!).  But I'll tell you about those in another post!

Hope you are all keeping safe and warm, whatever your weather.

Jude xo

9 comments:

  1. oooh, this is such a pretty bag. Love all the pretty fabrics you combined, and the piping, of course. It's like the icing on the cake. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these hexies make me want to have some of my own on the go. Such a cute bag in fun fabrics. Lots more snow here, sledging was big on the agenda for the kids whose schools closed yesterday. DS very unhappy that his school was only one in Lisburn not to close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat bag! I love the photo looking down into the bag, seeing the unique fabric at the bottom. So bright and cheery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh errr, missus. Love that bag. Must have ago at that one.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The JD prints are so warm and lush. And piping too! get you!! lol. Fortunately only a dusting of the annoying white stuff here too. Hate it. Brrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a happy bag. I am just starting another EPP bag, actually it is bag number 8 from the same pattern which is from the Cath Kidston book Sew. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! So bright, colourful, and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo