Monday 18 June 2012

Stained Blue (or Grey?)

I got a lovely surprise today!

Regular readers will know I've been making a quilt for my nephew's 18th birthday, as part of Sarah's Stained Quilt QAL.

My fabrics are 'It's a Boy Thing' by Michael Miller, and I picked up bargain yardage of the most sumptuous grey flannel for the back.

Some time ago I left the quilt with a friend who is learning how to use a long arm quilting machine.  I said there was no hurry as my nephew's birthday isn't until September.

When I called with her today, she had the quilt all ready for me!  Squee!!!


We had agreed on a large scale stipple, and it was the perfect choice.  It looks particularly good on the back too!

I'm saving the full reveal for when I get the binding made and attached. 

But the quilt definitely seems more grey than blue to me, so perhaps it needs a new name?

13 comments:

  1. I do love how well your fabrics suited this quilt missus xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab. I love the slatey tones tones to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking good. Can't wait for the full reveal. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finish - the quilting looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks grey to me too. Also looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eee! It's perfect! Absolutely beautiful on Stained!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful quilting on a beautiful quilt oh how I would love love love to learn to use a longarm machine and even one day have one! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stained Silver!? It does look great Jude - no wonder you are made up over it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo