Wednesday 25 January 2012

A New Class!

Before I tell you about my new class, a wee update on Dad's Civil War Quilt.

My gorilla arms recovered enough today to get the quilting finished & the binding made.


The binding has been sewn onto the front, and I can now enjoy my favourite stage - hand sewing the binding down onto the back!

Tonight we are looking around my youngest daughter's prospective new school for September, so not sure if I'll get much more sewing done.  But hopefully I'll have a finished quilt to reveal by the end of the week.

And now some news for my local readers!

Due to increasing interest from folks wanting to learn how to sew, I'm starting a new class after Easter.

'Machine Sewing For Beginners'  

This a 6 week introductory course, aimed at anyone who wants to learn how to understand and use a sewing machine, or become reaquainted with some long lost sewing skills!  

Here are the sorts of topics we'll be looking at:
* How to thread your machine & fill the bobbin
* Understanding the buttons and dials
* Understanding, measuring and cutting fabric
* Sewing & ironing 1/4" seams
* Essential equipment
* Making a simple cushion

For course dates and prices click here.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in this course please pass on these details, or email me to put your name down (places are limited).

Have a great Wednesday everyone!



10 comments:

  1. So glad you pursued this idea Judith, it'll fill up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have done well with your Dad's quilt. Looking forward to see the finished article. I hope the school 'trip' goes well. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to move nearer for the 1/4" session!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy stitching! My fave part too! Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the quilting finished and the binding on :o)

    Bet your class will do well..sounds really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done on getting binding done! your class sounds excellent and I am sure you will get lots of students! It is very popular these days. I love Toni comment about moving nearer! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, so nearly there on the quilt now :o) Hope the class goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the quilting is done, I bet the binding is just about on by now! And what a fabulous idea for a class - it's going to be very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, the binding is so much more peaceful than quilt wrangling while quilting. You will be done in no time now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need your 1/4" instruction too! Trying to picture you with gorilla arms - no I just can't imagine it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo