Sunday 3 July 2011

A Cracker of a Day!

Today was one of the warmest, sunniest days we've had so far this year.

Not only was it the Wimbledon Men's final (commisserations Rafa!), but it was a true summers day.

Having fun in the sun!  With a sprinkler!!
I got my sewing machine back from the shop yesterday, but didn't get near it until today.  

Who would have thought that a teeny clump of lint could cause such a noise (and I do clean my machine regularly Mr Sewing Machine Fix It Man, honest I do!).

I'm way behind in the Kaleidoscope QAL being hosted by the lovely Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy.  It's lovely seeing everyone's designs coming together over on flickr, and I haven't posted a single photo there yet!

At least I've chosen my fabrics.  This is the stash I'm going to eat into to.

I'm sure I won't need all of these but I like to keep my options open!
Today I made some headway in the cutting, lots and lots of cutting.  120 triangles, 240 kaliedoscope sections!

And I've also finally got a design sorted.  This will be a quilt for my youngest, who is passionate about the colour green, but I'm sneaking in some pink there too!  Hope she doesn't mind.

I hope to start piecing soon and then I'll show you some pics.

I have also been sewing more on my lounge cushions (12 fronts and backs = 6 cushions) but will show you pics when I've completed them.

The wadding is ordered for Crazy Daughter Quilt, the blocks have been sourced for Miss July's Brit Bee Blocks and I have a tonne of teaching notes to write for up coming classes.  

All this with my 3 children off school and looking to yours truly to start chanting 'Let Me Entertain You!'!  Don't hold your breath!

Anyone fancy being my P.A?  I could really do with one!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like loads of fun, playing with kids, water fights, and sewing (maybe not at the exact same moment)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kaleidoscope fabrics! I haven't unfolded my fabrics for it yet and feel slightly overawed by all that cutting! Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo